If trying to Be the Difference while you run your business and live your life to the fullest has you exhausted – you’re not alone. One of the Insider Secrets to truly being able to manage your life while helping and supporting those you love and work with is to maintain balance and prioritize yourself as you juggle the other responsibilities in your life. How well do you prioritize yourself as you juggle the other responsibilities in your life? If maintaining balance in your life makes you feel like a tightrope walker, I can help. Most of us have so many demands on our time and energy; life can feel like a three-ring circus. Take this quiz to see how well you are meeting responsibilities, while also recognizing and fulfilling personal needs and wants.
1. The only way I can successfully manage my life is to take care of myself physically and emotionally.
2. Nurturing myself enlarges my capacity to help others.
3. I eat healthfully and exercise regularly.
4. I get check-ups, go to the dentist, and take preventative precautions.
5. I set aside personal, quiet time for myself, whether I’m meditating or simply letting my thoughts drift.
6. I experience the gifts of each season: ice skating, sledding, bundled-up beach walks; gardening, hiking, more time outside; camping, swimming, barbeques; harvesting the bounty,gathering wood, spending more time inside.
7. Creativity nurtures me, too. I do what I love, whether that’s cooking, drawing, painting, writing, dancing, singing or another creative pursuit.
8. Reaching out to others enriches my life. I spend quality time with family and friends.
9. Contributing to the world provides connection and purpose, so I give my time, energy and experience where it is most useful.
10. I notice and heed the emotional signals that tell me I’m out of balance: irritability, overwhelm, resentment.
11. If I feel that I’m catching a cold, I realize I may have stressed my immune system with over activity, so I stop and take care of myself.
12. When I need or want to, I say no to requests for my time.
13. I listen to and honor the requests my body makes for such things as a nap, a walk, green vegetables, hot soup.
14. If I have something planned for myself, I don’t just toss that aside when someone makes a request of me.
15. I’m busy, but I find time to do the things I want to do.
16. I’m happy. I regularly experience well-being, contentment, even joy.
If you answered false more often than true, you may want to take a look at the questions to which you answered false and see if you can incorporate something of its message into your life. Please contact us for a complimentary 30 minute Be the Difference Breakthrough session with Corine Wofford at 210-402-0053 if you’d like to explore this issue further. Personalized quality time slots with Corine are limited so if you want to receive guidance on specific things you can do to get into balance in business and life so you can start making a difference quicker – email us at Connect@CorineWofford.com now to request your complimentary Be the Difference Breakthrough session and Start Living your Legacy, Today!
Content used with permission © Claire Communications, © Corine Wofford International, LLC CorineWofford.com